Field Guide to Birds of Australia - Simpson & Day
Author: Ken Simpson, Nicolas Day and Peter Trusler
First published: 1984 This edition: 2010
Format: Softcover with dust jacket 381 pages
The most comprehensive one-volume book of identification
Simpson & Day’s Field Guide to the Birds of Australia 8th edition is completely revised.
- Field Guide section gives key points to identification using the latest classification system.
- 132 superb full-colour plates show all Australian bird species, including 40 new or revised plates
- Distribution maps revised, with all subspecies shown
- Over 900 black and white line illustrations, many new or redrawn
- Extended breeding information
- Vagrant Bird Bulletin with 85 species
- Updated Core Library included for beginner birdwatchers