Spot Gen3 Tracker
SPOT Gen 3 is a compact, rugged handheld personal tracker that supports location tracking and check-in/ok reporting as well as help and duress functions. SPOT Gen 3 is delivered complete and ready-to-go. It does need to be registered and a subscription plan selected to enable messages to be sent.
SPOT Gen 3 uses 100% satellite technology to send your GPS locations to your immediate contacts and emergency responders.
SPOT Annual Subscription Plans:
Basic Tracking - Now has three different payment options / plans. Cost US $184.14 per year
12 Month Plan - One annual up front payment - Activation fee $21.95
12 Month Plan - Monthly payments @ US $15.35 p.m - Activation fee $21.95
NEW Flex Plan Option @ US $18.65 p.m. Allows for suspension of account when not travelling and only paying for time when Spot is in use. Activation fee $27.45.
Activation fees vary depending on which plan is chosen.
Extreme Tracking - US $260.00 per year
How it Works
- GPS satellites provide signals
- SPOT messenger's onboard GPS chip determines your GPS location and sends your location and preselected message to communication satellites
- Communication satellites relay your message to specific satellite antennas around the world
- Satellite antennas and a global network route your location and message to the appropriate network
- Your location and messages are delivered according to your instructions via email, text message, or emergency notification to the GEOS Rescue Coordination Center
For more information click here